UPDATED:
So after Gwen's comment, we found a rock lodged in the bottom of the disposal. It was no easy task to remove, but after nearly 1 hour (approx 1am) we were finally finished with the installation of the garbage disposal. AND IT WORKS! STILL!
I am crossing the electrician off the list...
WHAT THE EFFFFF?
So last week the sink stopped up with water. I convinced Eric to rent a router rooter and fix it himself. I was so proud and we only spend $30 as opposed to $75 for a plumber to come out.
Then on Sunday, we noticed that the freezer wasn't very cold. So Monday the appliance guy came out and $200 later, we were back in business (the main board was fried).
And then, Monday the disposal stopped working. We found out that a friend had a new one that was removed and they let us take the disposal out of their attic (Thanks!). SO Eric spent all evening installing a new disposal. Step by step.....then presto---plug it in, turn on the switch, it worked.....for like 3 seconds and then all we heard was WWWWHHHHHHIIIIRRRRRRR! NOTHING! The shit is fried too!
So tomorrow I will call an electrician to fix the switch at the wall (for some crazy amount of $$$, I'm sure) and then we will have to BUY a new disposal (since the free one is FRIED)
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE
SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M NOT GOING CRAZY (and BROKE).
1 comment:
There is a reset button on the disposal- try that first! Then run an extension cord to another plug and see if it works there......
Post a Comment