So last night went well. Katelyn went to bed at 9:30pm, woke up around 1:30am and I was back in bed at 2am. At 8:30am she was sitting in her bed playing--no screaming! It is nap time now and she only cried for 5 minutes. It seems to be working---wait---I hear her now! I spoke too soon.
This is so much easier said, than done. As she cries, I tend to think the worst. Maybe she is caught in the rails of the crib, maybe she can't find her pacifier, maybe she really does need me. GOSH! But then I have to keep reminding myself that this technique works! I remember doing this with Madison and she is a great sleeper now. In Louisiana, when our parents would visit from out of town, they could not believe that we would let Maddy cry. But then, they also could not believe that we could just lay her in her bed and she would fall asleep on her own.
Hopefully Katelyn will drift off to sleep soon. She is so tired and could really use a nap. I'm the mom! I know that is best! I think.....;-(
No comments:
Post a Comment