Monday, November 12, 2012

Open house and Hearts 4 Heros

Madison had open house on Thursday. She wanted to pose with her scarecrow
Such a doll

This is one of MANY Hearts 4 Heros signs around her school. Her proposal was accepted and the entire school is collecting donations to send overseas to soldiers.

She was recognized at the High School for her efforts.

This is a photo of all the families with loved ones overseas. The microphone was passed around and Madison said "My name is Madison and I'm in 2nd grade. My dad is in the Air Force and deployed to Afghanistan" She got a loud reception.

Kate with her turkey disguised as a snowman

Happy Veterans' Day 2012

Madison's class put on a little skit to honor veterans today. There were speaking parts where the students talked about what a veteran is, different branches of the armed forces, and hold to fold a flag. Then the students all song some songs together. It was so sweet. 

Eric's photo  was displayed on the Hero Wall. 

I'm so proud of my sweet little Madison ---with such a big heart!

2 comments:

Daddy said...

I cant even express how proud I am of Maddy. Her generosity and selflessness by doing all of this just blows me away every time I think about it. Madison, Katelyn and Chloe thank you for being such kind hearted beautiful little girls. So so proud and humbled to be your daddy. I love yall.

Daddy said...

Wait wait wait...that SNOWMAN is a turkey??? No Waaay! Looks so soft Katelyn. Beautiful job!!!