Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The happenings...

So we are selling our house to move on base. Wish us luck in the process! We will be able to save tons of money each month in with less bills, less house repairs, and less gas. They say that Less is More! We are willing to find out. After spending one week on the housing list, we were offered a 2 story, 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom house that sits on a beautiful corner lot for a September 30 move. NO WAY! We really hated to turn it down but the timing is just too soon. So we will wait until another house is offered and hopefully have a contract on this one before we accept.

Maddy is getting ready for 3 year preschool. It starts on September 2nd. I can't believe it. I am super excited for her to meet new friends and grow as a little girl. But I will definitely miss her for 3 hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She packs her school backpack every day in preparation!! It is so cute.

Katelyn has an ear infection. Not a huge deal but she was waking up in the middle of the night and not eating very well so I took her in to the doctor today. SURE ENOUGH--ear infection. I will be glad when she outgrows this stage. Madison went through the same thing at the age and one day I looked back and she hadn't had one in 6 months. WOW--time flies when you are having fun.

We were in College Station for my brother's graduation. WOW talk about feeling old when you little brother by 7 years in graduating college. And just before we left, my first roommate from college, Erin and her 2 little girls, were in San Antonio and we met for lunch. It had been eight years since we last saw each other in person. It was actually at her wedding to her college sweetheart. I was a cake cutter and Eric was my date. They got married in their hometown of Victoria and it was our first out of town weekend trip together. So needless to say, I am feeling old lately. My hair is looking frumpy and my skin is acting all crazy---I think I need a make-over. Wink WINK!

No comments: