Eric is at Barksdale AFB today for the memorial service for the guys that were on the B-52 crash earlier in the week. He has had a rough week trying to make sense of the tragedy. It hits very close to home for him. He knew 3 of the 6 on board the jet. One was our cul-de-sac neighbor in Bossier. One was a guy that Eric knew from High School. And the other was from the 96th BS that had just gotten back from Randolph as Eric was headed out. Nevertheless, it is very tragic and Eric felt his place was in Bossier today. I am thankful that he was able to go to reunite the spirit that lies deep in his blood---the spirit of the B-52.

It is an amazing jet, huge in size. We lived very close to the base and were accustomed to hearing them take off and land. It was routine! A sight that visitors always admired, one that we just expected.

Lately as I lay in bed, I find myself praying more than before. I pray that the families find strength in their time of weakness. I pray that God will take the crew into his arms and show them his undying love. I pray that the families receive closure in knowing that God is in control. I pray that time heals all wounds.
May your souls rise to the Heavens and may you rest in Peace forever.
Maj. Brent Williams
Maj. Christopher Cooper
Capt. Michael Dodson
1st Lt. Joshua Shepherd
1st. Lt. Robert Gerren
Col. George Martin
3 comments:
Great job putting this in to words- words seem to fail me at times like these. It makes me want to hold Eric a little closer- to appreciate him and his service just a little more. We forget sometimes in our day to day business just what these young men are doing for us and our country. God Bless them all.
Beautiful post... You brought tears to my eyes!
Take care!
Your words have honored those men and their memory. It is very humbling to know someone that sacafries so much. Eric, we love you and are very proud of you. You are not only a good husband and father but very good person down to your soul. God has surely blessed our family.
Post a Comment